The property known as Le Brandau is offered for holiday rental subject
to confirmation by Claire Membrey ("the owner") to the renter ("the client").
The contract is between the owner and the client.
- Before making a booking you must contact us to obtain confirmation
that your chosen property is available for the dates required. You must
send us a completed and signed booking form and payment of a non-refundable
deposit of 30% of the property rental. A binding contract between the
person who has signed the booking form and the owner will be made when
we issue a confirmation invoice. You are responsible for payment of
the price of the holiday and the compliance of members of your party
with these conditions.
- Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under 18 years of age at
the time of booking. We reserve the right to refuse a booking without
giving any reason.
- The balance must be paid no later than ten weeks before departure.
Failure to pay the balance on time will constitute cancellation.
- If the booking is cancelled within ten weeks of departure, or if
the booking is cancelled by us due to non payment, the owner shall be
entitled to the full holiday cost from you, unless the owner is able
to re-let the property over the whole booked period.
- If you book a holiday less than ten weeks before departure, the full
holiday charge is payable at the time of booking.
- Receipt and banking of any deposit shall not constitute acceptance
of any booking; a binding contract exists when we issue a confirmation
letter or email.
3. The Price
- The prices given are in sterling and the rental period is weekly,
unless otherwise stated. The owner will only accept bookings for a minimum
of two weeks. One week rentals will be subject to a one week supplement (during peak booking periods)
of 10% of the price stated.
- The property is let fully furnished and equipped. The price includes linen, hot water and electricity, but NOT bottled gas.
- Any chargeable expenses arising during the rental period (e.g. meals, gas cylinders, maid service or baby sitting) should be settled locally
with the owner or managing agents in Euros.
- A security deposit of £250 per property, for every holiday is required in case of,
for example, damage to the property or its contents. However, the sum
reserved by this clause shall not limit the client's liability to the
owner. The owner will account to the client for the security deposit
and refund the balance due within 8 weeks after the end of the rental
- Subject to clauses 2 and 3 above, in the event of a cancellation,
refunds of amounts paid will be made if the owner if able to re-let
the property and any expenses or losses incurred in doing so will be
deducted from the refundable amount. The client is strongly recommended
to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation
cover) and to have full cover for the party's personal belongings, public
liability etc, since these are not covered by the owner's insurance.
4. Cancellation by you
- Any cancellation by you, for whatever reason, must be forwarded in writing via email
to Mrs C M Membrey Tel: 01892 528781 or post to Little Mount Farm, Benhall Mill Road, Tunbridge wells, Kent TN2 5JW. Cancellation
is the date on which written notification is received by the owner.
- If you cancel ten weeks or more before departure you will lose your
- If you cancel within ten weeks of departure or if the booking is cancelled
by us due to non-payment the owner shall be entitled to the full holiday
cost from you, unless the owner is able to relet over the specified
- The maximum number to reside in the farmhouse must not exceed 8 persons
plus cot and the cottage is 4 plus cot. The contract is formed when
a completed booking form is returned confirming the full names and ages
of occupants intending to stay in either or both properties during the
- If more visitors are found to be residing in either residence, during the letting period, we reserve the right to retain the deposit.
6. Client Obligations
- The client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care
of the property, and to leave it in the same clean and tidy condition
the property was found in at the end of the rental period. The owner
reserves the right to make a retention from the security deposit to
cover cleaning costs if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable
condition, or there is any damage, loss or missing items, or exceptional
consumption of services. The client also agrees not to act in any way
that would cause disturbance to those resident in the neighbouring property.
Any subletting or assignment arrangements are not permitted. Caravans,
tents or additional accommodation cannot be used on the property. The
client is responsible for the security of the property and the contents
during the occupation period. Lighting fires or burning rubbish on the
property can be dangerous and is not permitted.
- The client shall report to the owner without delay any defects in
the property or breakdown in the equipment, plant, machinery or appliances
in the property, garden or swimming pool, and arrangements for repair
and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
The bicycles are left in excellent working order at the beginning of the season. It is the responsibility of the individuals using them to make any necessary repairs, prior to the end of their holiday period. It is your responsibility to communicate any faults found, during your stay, so that you are not charged when you have left the property. Repairs are carried out by a local agent and any associated costs will be deducted accordingly from your deposit.
- The owners or our representative shall be allowed free access to the
holiday accommodation at any reasonable time during any holiday occupancy
for the purpose of inspection and maintenance.
9. Arrival and Departure
- You must arrive after 5.00 pm on the holiday date start, and the accommodation
must be vacated by 10.00 am on the last day unless otherwise specified.
If these times are difficult, please advise us at the time of booking.
10. Parking Cars
- Cars must not be driven onto the gardens. Please park your cars considerately.
12. Liability of owner
- The owners shall not be responsible for the death of or any personal
injury of you or any person named on the booking form or other person
at the property unless this results from the proven negligence of ourselves
or our agents.
- The owners shall not be liable for any loss, breach or delay due to
any cause beyond our reasonable control, including though not limited
to, act of God, explosion, flood, tempest, fire, or accident, war, or
threat of war, civil disturbance, acts, restrictions, regulations, bye-laws,
or measures of any kind on the part of any government or local authority,
strikes, lock-outs, or other industrial actions or disputes or adverse
- In the event of such discharge, our liability shall be limited to
the return of sums paid to us in respect of the [unused] portion of
the holiday calculated on a pro rata daily basis less an administrative
charge of £25.00 to cover our reasonable expenses.
- We cannot be held responsible for breakdowns of mechanical equipment
such as pumps, boilers, swimming pool filtration systems etc, nor for
failure of public utilities such as water, gas and electricity.
- We are not responsible for noise or disturbance originating beyond
the boundaries of the holiday accommodation or which is beyond our control.
- Under no circumstances shall the owner's liability to the client exceed
the amount paid to the owner for the rental period.
- The property will be cleaned to an exceptionally high standard throughout
at the beginning of the rental period and you must leave it clean throughout
to the same high standard at the end of the period. We will try to make
a maid service available, if you request it, during your stay or for
the end of your holiday if you choose not to clean it yourselves. The
maid service must be paid for locally or by arrangement before the commencement
of your holiday.
- The sum of £15 per hour will be deducted from the security deposit for cleaning
the property at the end of your rental period. If, however, the house
has been cleaned to the same high standard throughout
as the property was found, no such deduction will be made.
- The person signing the contract is responsible for the correct and
decent behaviour of their party. Should you and your party not behave
in such a manner the agent or owner may at their absolute discretion
ask you and your party to vacate the property without a refund of the
- Linen is provided but it is necessary to bring our own pool towels. A deduction will be made, from the security deposit, if linen, towels, bath towels or tea towels are stained or damaged in any way during your stay.
16. Swimming Pools
- The swimming pool will be closed during the winter months. If your
rental falls within this period, please check with us that the pool
is open. No toys or sharp objects are permitted in the pool.
17. Social Events and Other Functions
- Social events and other functions (i.e. weddings, receptions, large
cocktail parties) are not permitted on the property without prior agreement
at the discretion of the owner. Permission will be required for any
event to be attended by more than twice the number of people the property
is advertised as accommodating (including the holiday party itself).
18. Security and Valuables
- Any valuables left at the property are left at your own risk. Neither
our agents nor the owners are responsible for their loss. As with all
rental properties in prime locations, there may be a risk of burglary.
We accept no responsibility for any loss, damage or consequential losses
due to theft or any other security related incident howsoever caused.
- It is a condition of booking that your party is covered by comprehensive
travel insurance. This policy must include personal liability
and cancellation cover. Your signature on the booking form confirms
that you are covered by such insurance.
- All contractual obligations arising out of these booking conditions
shall be deemed to come into existence in London, and be subject to
English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Please note that these booking conditions will be included on our
21. Deposit and Key
- Once the balance payment and security deposit has been received, the
owners will issue the key and directions by post to the property.
At the end of the holiday period, it is your responsibility to return
the key to the owners. The deposit will not be returned until the key
has been received by the owners.